Homework is subject to change.
Please check back after 3 pm EACH day.
6TH GRADE LANGUAGE ARTS
*This week we will continue reading our class novel, Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry.
* Since March is National Reading Month, our topic for Quote of the Month is to choose your favorite Dr. Seuss quote. It is due March 31st.
* Students have been assigned GRG novels. Schedule for this Friday's discussion group:
Walk Two Moons -- Chapters 1-9
Wonder-- pages 1-50
TUESDAY: Read GRG Novel for Friday
WEDNESDAY: Read GRG Novels
THURSDAY: Complete GRG Journal #1
FRIDAY: Read GRG Novel
Quote of the Month Due Next Friday
* We will focus on vocabulary terms (and have a spelling test) from Chapters 2 & 3 of Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
* Test is Friday
TUESDAY: Define Chapters 2 & 3 Terms
WEDNESDAY: Choose 10 Vocab. words and write a sentence that shows your comprehension of the word
THURSDAY: Write a synonym for EACH vocabulary term
FRIDAY: Vocabulary & Spelling Test Today
Exercises in English
* We will continue to focus on verb tenses (simple, progressive and perfect).
* We will continue our Research Paper Process this week, focusing on completing research and finishing notecards.
* We will continue our creative writing with a focus on pattern poetry-- the Letter Poem.
WEDNESDAY: Grammar page 68
THURSDAY: Verb Tense Quiz Today
FRIDAY: Finish rough draft of Letter Poem for Wednesday
7TH GRADE SOCIAL STUDIES
We will continue our study of the Revolutionary War. This week we will identify and discuss the war strategy in the South and how the war came to an end. We will learn about The Treaty of Paris and the lasting effects of the war on the new nation.
WEDNESDAY: Work on Posters
THURSDAY: Work on Posters
FRIDAY: Work on Posters-- Due Monday
Chapter 7 Test Monday
Chapter Packets Due Monday
Map Quizzes Due Wednesday