February 27- March 3,2017
Homework is subject to change.
Please check back after 3 pm EACH day.
6TH GRADE LANGUAGE ARTS
*This week we will focus on our guided reading groups/lit. circles.
* We will focus on theme, symbolism and motif.
* Our quote of the month is related to Black History month an is due on Tuesday, February 28th.
MONDAY: Quote of the Month due tomorrow
TUESDAY: Quote of the Month due Today!
WEDNESDAY: Reading Journal #7
THURSDAY: Read GRG Novel
FRIDAY: GRG Novel Test next Friday
* Vocabulary is a Unit Review for Chapters 4-6. Test is Wednesday.
* We will focus on words ending in soft and hard g in spelling. Test is Friday.
MONDAY: Spelling Crossword Puzzle
TUESDAY: Complete 1 online quiz for Unit 4, Unit 5, and Unit 6. Email me your results-- firstname.lastname@example.org
WEDNESDAY: Vocabulary Test Today
THURSDAY: Complete 2 Word Zone activites
FRIDAY: Spelling Test Today
Exercises in English
* We will also focus on punctuation and capitalization -- how to use periods, commas, question marks, semicolons & quotation marks.
* We will continue our Research Paper Process this week, focusing on how to properly format bibliography cards, a thesis statement and note cards.
TUESDAY: Grammar pages 134 & 135
WEDNESDAY: Grammar pages 136 & 137
THURSDAY: Grammar pages 138 & 139
Complete 10 Notecards
7TH GRADE SOCIAL STUDIES
We will continue our study of the Revolutionary War. This week we will identify and discuss problems with our new nation. We will also focus on a review of geography terms in preparation for Iowa Testing.
MONDAY: Finish Geography Term Packet for Wednesday
WEDNESDAY: Study Geography Terms for Quiz
THURSDAY: Geography Term Quiz
Read Chapter 7, Section 2 and Vocab.
FRIDAY: Work on Posters